Do you suffer from toenail fungus or fingernail fungus? Do you know someone who does? Topically applied Nail Oil is made of 100% natural ingredients that may have antifungal properties to help you to "evict the dermatophytes" and grow healthy beautiful new nails.
Nail fungus, also known as onychomycosis (ON-I-ko-my-ko-sis), is a common problem caused by dermatophytes (tinea unguium) (a living organisim) which affects at least 10% of the population. Most people do not seek medical attention so it is hard to know for sure how many people have nail fungus. The most common form of nail fungus occurs on the toenails. The fungus or dermatophyte lives under the protective layer of the nail where it feeds on the keratin.
Characteristics of nails infected with toenail fungus include: yellow discoloration, brittle, thick and disfigured. As the fungus grows it pushes the nail up and separates it from the nail bed. Wearing shoes can be painful especially if you have to stand or walk for long periods of time. Nail fungus is not pretty and wearing opened-toed shoes can be embarrassing.
The growth of fungus usually begins with some kind of trauma to one of your toes. The injured toe is then vulnerable to fungal infection. Eventually the nail fungus surfaces where it can spread to other toenails.
People that have a higher risk of nail fungus infestation are: those who work with detergents regularly, athletes, laborers, and those with depressed immune systems like the HIV positive, elderly and diabetics.
Nail fungus should not be ignored or taken lightly. These days people that have toe nail fungus can choose among several treatment alternatives. A medical professional can prescribe powerful drugs for treating toenail fungus the most common of which is: LamisilTM (terbinafine hydrochloride tablets).
Here's how LamisilTMworks. The tablets, taken orally over the course of three months, contain the synthetic allylamine antifungal compound terbinafine hydrochloride (C21H26CIN). Approximately 70% of the dose is eliminated in urine, the remaining 30% is carried through the blood and administered to the skin where the terbinafine is hypothesized to interfere with the normal function of the fungal cell membrane.
Modern drugs like LamisilTM can work fast, but you should know that because the level of toxicity is so high, the risks of side effects are very real. The most dangerous side effects associated with Lamisil is liver damage.
There have been deaths attributed to liver damage caused by LamisilTM! There have been reports of other side effects such as serious skin reactions (e.g.,Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis) too. Persistent nausea, anorexia, fatigue, vomiting, right upper abdominal pain or jaundice,dark urine or pale stools are all signs the patient taking LamisilTM should see their doctor to have their liver checked immediately! Pregnant women and nursing mothers should postpone the treatment of their nail fungus using LamisilTM tablets.
"Modern medicines work very quickly: they are concentrated, they are single components, the results are dramatic and the risk of side effects are very real. Synergistic herbal preparations are slow: the results are measured in days rather than hours, in weeks rather than days. Nature does things slowly, mildly and generally without side effects. It is also better at preventing conditions from developing in the first place than rapidly curing them."
1. Dweck, Andrew C, Function and Substantiation of Plant Material, Natural Ingredients in Cosmetics II Michelle Press, 1992, 1996
We can't tell you that Nail Oil will treat or cure your nail fungus; it has not been clinically tested and it is not a drug. What we can tell you is that Nail Oil is a synergistic blend of botanical carrier oils and essential oils that are thought to foster the growth of healthy new nail. Unlike most other natural alternatives found on the market, our Nail Oil does not contain tea tree or oregano essential oils which can cause skin irritation.
Obtaining healthy nails that are fungus free and beautiful to look at requires a commitment to the regular application of Nail Oil. You should keep using the oil until healthy new nails have completely grown in. We suggest you leave the oil on your nails letting it soak in. Put it around the edges and under the front of the nail to help it find its way to where the the nail fungus lives. Give it time to do its job; you should wait eight hours before washing it off. If you repeatedly forget to put it on before healthy new nails have completely grown in, the fungus will most likely come right back.
We tell you exactly what is in the Nail Oil so you can decide if this product is right for you. Nail Oil contains deep penetrating emu oil, to help it soak into the nail. A wealth of information about this amazing oil can be found at the American Emu Association's website. Nail oil also contains a synergistic blend of six essential oils and Neem seed oil.